Monday, July 23, 2007

Squirt's Therapy 101

I came on here today and was so happy to see I had 2 new comments. It amazes me how the kindness of other makes me so easily burst into tears and that is a good thing. So I thank you.

My best friend and brother-in-law love therapy. Changed their life! I pretty much think, that it does help a lot of people. Before I got married, I started going. I was losing it a bit and I had this fear of not knowing how to work on my marriage and it would be all too late. So I went for about a year. It did help change my behavior and my marriage definitely benefited from it. But for some reason, I just can’t bring myself to go back. I don’t think I need it. And I guess that should be enough, but it seems silly to me, that 5 years ago, I just wanted to someone to whine to that had to listen, because she was getting paid. Now the thought of talking about this to anyone makes me ill.

So I’ve come up with my own form of therapy. It might be working….

1. Blogs. I lurk everywhere. I still have a habit of reading the blogs of pregnant women with twins or people who got pregnant the same time I did. These blogs, not so good for my therapy, yet every day I still take a peak. My favorite blogs are those who are able to start again and/or who have gotten pregnant again. They make me think; maybe one day I can do this again.

2. TV. I love TV. Like I want to marry it! I cannot wait to run home and vedge infront of the couch until bedtime. IThe summer time is the worst time to go through any type of pain, because the TV isn’t too good. So I’ve been watching reruns of my old favorite shows (Cheeks thinks this is the stupidest thing ever). :Big Love" and “So you think you can dance” has saved me many a nights.

3. The Summer Blockbuster: I haven’t missed a one. Much like TV, I love the movies. I actually get excited, a feeling I thought impossible to feel again. I mean the SIMPSON movie is coming out on Friday and I can’t wait.

4. Harry Potter. That is how I got through this weekend

5. FOOD! Especially ice cream. Back in the day, when I was feeling miserable, I couldn’t eat. Now I feel miserable and its all I an do.

6. Blogging. It’s a start. I hope it works, I hope this outlet will be away to get through it and move on.

3 Comments:

Blogger wannabe mom said...

Hi, I found you at Catherine's. I'm so sorry about your girls. I also lost twin girls, at 24 weeks last November. Sometimes the pain is just as raw as those first days afterward. I hope that blogging helps you through this awful journey. You are not alone. Lots of people understand what you are going through.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I think we all know how to make it through for ourselves. I'm always surprised at the variety of "therapies" available for grief. It's certainly not a one-size-fits-all answer. Good luck with whatever you choose.

6:02 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Oh, Squirt. I'm so sorry about your loss. I also lost twins around the same time as wannabe mom and it's been a long, slow journey back to some semblance of a life.

I hope blogging helps you. I know it's been a wonderful way for me to sort out some of my most difficult feelings.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home