Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blast Off!

We are set for the 5 day transfer. All the nurse said to me was "it must be looking good if you are going to blastocyst". No info on how many I have, grades, nothing. So tomorrow I am going in unspoiled. I hate not knowing what is going on.

On another note I've been doing a lot of reading on stem cell research, blastocysts, etc... I've come accross some really interesting point of views. The one that I love (dripping with sarcasm) is an article I read from a Father Tad Pacholczyk. Pretty much condems me to hell for IVF.

Now Sweet Cheeks and I were both raised Catholic and I'll admit as a child I believed in the whole conception at fertilization. But I grew up. I grew up to realize the Roman Catholic Church,though surrounded by tradition and faith, is also run by men. Here is the interesting part of this artilcle. The Church doesn't necessary find IVF immoral because the of the frozen or discarded embryo issue. Its the making of life outside of the "marital bed" so to speak that is the sin.

As in the quote: " Is it not reasonable and right to insist, as the Church does, that new human life should be the fruit of married love, carried out through bodily self-giving between spouses, this act which allows each partner to enrich the other with the total gift of himself or herself?"

Let me tell you something, anyone going through IVF with their spouse or partner can be sure to guarantee that this child is being created out of love. There is nothing but LOVE that is going into this. My love for Sweet Cheeks and the way I feel like we are truely partners, for the very first time is unbelievalbe. I honestly know whatever the outcome will be, that the two of us will be OK. The baby making sex in my "marital bed" was just us much procedure as the IVF.

I've also read on other message boards about this whole its "God's Will" who he allows to have a child. As someone who has faith and what I believe a personal and good relationship with God, I will never ever believe that it is God's Will for Cheeks and I not have a child. Just like I will never believe it is God's Will to allow a 14 year old girl to give birth in a bathroom stall then dump the baby in the trash. And the whole children are a gift... of course they are. But the brains and imagination God gave us are gifts too. And it was those brains and imagination that has allowed over 200,000 children to be born via IVF.

Now that I am off my pedistal, the good news is the RCC won't hold the innocent baby responsible for their parents sins... that was a close one, cause I was sweating (NOT)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home