Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Isolation

I’ve been keeping to myself quite a bit lately. In fact, I haven’t really seen any of my friends since the ordeal has happened. The friends have been great. We get calls and emails, cards, and gifts. I could honestly say, I’ve never felt more cared for and supported. They are very patient and understanding and when I don’t email back or call, they give me no slack. But I wonder how much longer I can go on avoiding them. And that is what I am doing. I just don’t want to see them and it’s not even because of the 101 kids that accompany our circle for friends. I actually want to see them (I adore every single one of them to bits). But it’s that first initial meeting up with people that make me think I am going to have an anxiety attack. I am being completely unfair to our friends, because in truth, the awkwardness will be over in a second. Its just me, I can’t seem to bite the bullet or suck it up as my husband likes to say. And there is my husband, I feel as if I am keeping him from getting back into the swing of things. Keeping him from his friends. Sometimes I think I am perfectly fine just Cheeks and I, don’t want or need anyone else. Then sometimes I feel I am missing out, drifting apart, the kiddies won’t even remember me. When is too long to stay away?

1 Comments:

Blogger missing_one said...

First of all, let me say how sorry I am for your loss.
Second of all, I can really relate to this post, even now, two months into this. At first I thought I felt ok and was trying to be around my normal friends and my normal routine, but as they are all either pregnant or have newborns, it just got to be too much. After some advice, I am taking a break....but how lonely is it now...
Reading other loss blogs seems to help not feel so alone.
Again I am so sorry for the loss of your precious twins.
A book that has been helping me is "Empty Cradle, Broken Heart"..if you don't already have it.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home