Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Irish Promotion

So I got what my husband lovingly calls an “Irish Promotion”. Its when your get all of the responsibilities of a promotion, but none of the money or glory. I don’t know why he calls it an Irish Promotion, he’s Irish, and refers to everything that way.

My boss on the other hand got a real promotion and they are not replacing him. He is basically running the whole thing, which is pretty exciting for him and for me as well. Again a lot of friggen work, but also a lot of distractions. I went to Miami last week, gave a presentation etc… things I wouldn’t’ be able to do if I was still pregnant.

I often catch myself wondering what would of happened with my job if I was still pregnant and probably on bed rest at this moment. My boss would be screwed!!! Its like all of this crap happened for him. I know that is so crazy and of course not how he would ever think. But in a way he dodged a bullet. My maternity leave would have been a nightmare for him. It was a nightmare before he got promoted, I just don’t’ know how we would have prepared. My first Monday back at work he drops this on me. The timing was so perfect. I lose my babies, take a few weeks working at home, he gets promoted, I come back get all of his old job responsibilities, perfect timing! I am sick, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home